Source: News Bharati English17 Nov 2016 12:28:28
New Delhi, November 17: A range of effective measures has been taken by India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) to facilitate cashless transactions for the participants at the ongoing India International Trade Fair, 2016 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
The participants at the fair include artisans from Ministry Of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Council for Advancement of Peoples Action and Rural Technology, National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation, Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts and exhibitors.
A set of service providers has been given access to exhibitors at IITF to offer services for cashless transactions to exhibitors/visitors. These measures include:
- Increase in number of ATM machines from 2 numbers to 14 numbers (including Mobile ATM)
- Tie-up with State Bank of India and AXIS Bank to provide sufficient number of swipe machines (POS) to exhibitors to facilitate the payment transactions by visitors through debit/credit cards.
- For small artisans and exhibitors, SBI has been tied up to open bank accounts, if needed, on site, to enable them to receive the cashless transactions through swipe machines.
- Arrangements of swipe machines at Ticket Counters i.e., at Gate 1 & 2 to facilitate sale of entry tickets.
- Paytm and Freecharge are also making arrangements to facilitate cashless transactions at IITF, Pragati Maidan through Digital Wallets.