Source: News Bharati English19 Feb 2016 16:21:15

Imphal, February 19: Easing the imposition on recruitment of government jobs, The Manipur State Cabinet has given approval to recruit 1582 Primary and 419 Graduate Teachers for the School Education Department. According to Education and CAF & PD minister Moirangthem Okendro who is also the State government spokesperson, the meeting also approved to regularize 48 contract Staff Nurses in JNIMS and newly recruit 234 regular Staff Nurses.The minister informed that the meeting resolved to table the tentative budget for next financial year 2016-17 in the ensuing Assembly session. The vacant posts of 1582 Primary Teachers and 419 Graduate Teachers in the School Education Department are to be filled up as per the rules of National Council of Teachers Education (NCTE). Of the 1582 Primary Teachers, there are 169 Hindi Primary Teachers posts, he explained.

Okendro also informed that the Cabinet meeting further approved to fill up 15 vacant posts of Physical Education Teacher (PET) which is to be done under the NCTE rules. However, the rules will be relaxed in case there is no sufficient apply of candidates from different categories including ST, news agency Imphal Free Press reported.

80 percent academic score of candidates will be counted in the recruitment process while the remaining 20 percent will be based on viva-voice performance, he elaborated.

He further informed that the meeting unanimously decided to allow Adhoc and contractual Teachers in the hills under the department to face the recruitment process by providing one time relaxation of age-limit. LDC staff under the School Education Department will be designated as Office Assistant cum Computer Operator. The 229 vacant posts of LDC, 117 posts of Grade IV, 110 Chowkidars, two Peons, six Drivers and 11 posts of Lab Attendants in the department will be recruitment on direct basis as well, the Minister declared as per the meeting.

The Cabinet meeting after having a threadbare discussion also decided to modify Manipur Police Service Rules, 1965; set up dental college in JNIMS; fill up vacant posts in Youth Affairs & Sports Department on direct basis; upgrade Lhungtin SDC Circle under Saikul Sub-Division as SDO/BDO; re-designate LDC posts in the Horticulture & Soil Conservation Department as Office Assistant cum Computer Operator and include the 14 vacant posts in the department in the ongoing recruitment process; Okendro concluded.