Source: Agencies17 Jul 2016 10:30:01

Ajuba, July 17: Two Indians abducted from Benue state of Nigeria two weeks before have been released on Saturday. Mr Mangapudi Srinivas and Mr Kaushal Anish Sharma, who were kidnapped in the morning of 29 June from an area called Boko, near Makurdi in Benue state of Nigeria, were released on Saturday morning at 10.30 a.m (IST). Both Indians are safe and will return back soon.
Both Srinivas (from Andhara Pradesh) and his colleague Sharma (from Karnataka) – were travelling to Dangote Cement Plc Plant in a car from their residential quarters when a group of armed men had abducted them at a traffic signal.

Swarup said, “Both have spoken to their families. Sharma's wife profusely thanked the External Affairs Minister for ensuring safe release. She also thanked the Ministry and the Mission for keeping the family informed of developments almost on daily basis”. On July 1, the Ministry of External Affairs had ruled out involvement of terror group Boko Haram in the abduction of the two Indians from Boko in north-central Nigeria, and had said it appeared that “local criminals” were involved.

Embeded ObjectThe MEA had earlier described the abduction as “nothing surprising or new in that area”, saying such incidents keep happening there. Mr Swarup had asserted then that there has been no ransom demand. The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, the largest in West Africa.