Source: News Bharati English01 Sep 2016 15:47:55
Mumbai, September 1: Mukesh Ambani, owner of Reliance Jio announced that Reliance Jio is set to offer the world’s cheapest data. He disclosed the prices of the country’s largest 4G network. Long distance voice calls won’t be charged by the company, informed Ambani.
Hailing the digital India initiative, Ambani said that it is an effort to fulfil the Digital India dream of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Starting from Monday, any cell phone user, including those with smartphones as cheap as Rs. 2,999, will be able to sample all Jio services – including its library of movies and music - for free. The offer ends on December 31. Jio is unlikely to contribute significantly to Reliance profits anytime soon, but is hugely significant for its future. Reliance says its oil business is pumping out cash, and any investment in Jio has to be ambitious.
Ambani announced,” From September 5, everyone will be able to access the service, which will still be free till the end of the year. Voice calls, meanwhile, will never be charged on the Jio service. The data rates are also cheapest in the world.” After Mr Ambani’s announcement, Reliance Industries Limited stock went up by 0.9 percent.
The consumers will be gifted with following offers:
- All Jio services including voice, apps, and 4G LTE data would be available free of cost to everyone from September 5 to December 31, 2016.
- Zero roaming charges within India.
- Base 4G LTE data rate will be at INR 50 per GB.
- Download speed of upto 135 MBPS
- Students to get 25% more data on producing a valid student identity card.
- All voice calls to be free.
- Jio's app booking to be free till December 31, 2017,
- Not only supports 4G but is 5G and 6G ready too.