Source: News Bharati English22 Jan 2017 16:20:38
Lucknow, January 22: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav released the Samajwadi Party’s manifesto today for upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections in Uttar Pradesh. Akhilesh spoke on various developmental measures undertaken in order to boost all-round development. He placed Uttar Pradesh at the priority which was missed by Mulayam Singh Yadav and his brother Shivpal.
He announced certain list of schemes which are promised by the party’s manifesto by highlighting the slogan “Kaam bolta hai” meaning “work speaks”. As a President for Samajwadi Party, Akhilesh promised to work dedicatedly and abide the promises given in the manifesto. This promises included distribution of laptops, Kanya Vidya Dhan, Samajwadi Pension, laying of Purvanchal Expressway, and establishing Janeshwar Mishra model villages, empowering women category etc.
He urged his candidates to raise awareness about the schemes implemented by his government by going and speaking to people. Akhilesh said that "a lot of work has been done in a big way. We have to work more in future. I tried for the past five years not to leave path of socialism and also ensure balanced development to improve rural economics.”
Following are the main points of the Samajwadi Party’s manifesto:
- 24-hour power supply will be given in rural areas. One crore women will be given Rs 1,000 monthly pension. Also, there will be 50% fare concession for women in public transport.
- For emergency services, an air ambulance will be made available at Lucknow airport and 108, 102 service will be improved
- Free pressure cookers for the poor and hostels for working women and other empowerment schemes will be strengthened this time. Old age homes for the elderly and 50% subsidy in bus fares for women.
- For transparency and easy connectivity with the people a smart phone will be given.
- ‘Samajwadi Kisan Kosh’ scheme to benefit farmers in order to purchase seeds and fertilizers to boost agriculture qualitatively and help famers economically.
- Setting up of hostels for working women, mid-day meal for farm workers, free medical treatment to the poor and an end to 'inspector raj’ too included in the promises.
- Manifesto also promised setting up of 'mandi' (market) and skill development centres in rural areas to give a boost to the state's economy.
- Children from the economically weaker sections in primary schools will be given 1 litre ghee and milk powder every month.
Akhilesh promised of fulfilling the promises set forward by manifesto with full heart if given chance. He also spoke about his dream of building Purvanchal Expressway,and link district headquarters across States with four lane roads. He also criticized ooposition parties for not fulfilling hteir promises and assured people to believe in ‘samajwad’ which means ‘socialism’. Samajwadi party’s manifesto promises to strengthen education, empower women’ children’ provide food to the weaker sections of the society etc.