Source: News Bharati English03 Jan 2017 11:55:55
Mumbai, January 3: Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi launched Haj Committee of India mobile app at Haj House on Monday. With this move, Ministry of Minority Affairs has joined 'Digital India' campaign in a big way, he said.It is for the first time that Haj application process is going to be digital. The Centre has been encouraging online applications for next Haj so that people can get an opportunity for the pilgrimage with complete transparency and comfort.
This app is made available on Google Play store from Monday. Next schedule for Haj has already been announced and application will be accepted from today itself. The last date for submitting applications is January 24.How to apply?
Applying for Haj, enquiry and information, news and updates and e-payment are the main features of the app. The application can be made directly on the app.
- Five adults and two infants can apply as a group.
- A PDF copy of the form will go to applicant’s email.
- After affixing the photo, the printout with documents should be sent to the State Haj committees.
- Registration fees can also be paid through this app.
- Naqvi said that last month a new website of Haj was launched in New Delhi. The website is in Hindi, Urdu and English languages will provide all the necessary information regarding Haj.
- The website also lists “Do’s and Don’ts” for the Haj pilgrimage and also a film informing about various aspects of the pilgrimage, Mr. Naqvi said.
- Last year, about 45,843 people had applied for Haj online, which was about 11 per cent of total applications received from across the nation for the pilgrimage.
Maharashtra topped in online applications for Haj 2016 with a total of 10,960 people applying online followed by Kerala with 9,257 online applications and Uttar Pradesh with 5,407. Naqvi said that efforts are on to make the process of online application simple and easy so that more and more people can apply online for the next Haj pilgrimage.