Allahabad HC acquits Rajesh and Nupur Talwar in Aarushi-Hemraj murder case
Source :NewsBharati Date :12-Oct-2017
New Delhi, October 12: The Allahabad High Court has announced its historic judgment saying that the Talwars are innocent and grants them bail. Rajesh Talwar and Nupur Talwar were acquitted from Aarushi and Hemraj double murder case.
The Court said, “Allowing appeal by Talwars, Allahabad High Court was of view that as per circumstances and evidence on record, they can’t be held guilty.”
The dentist couple was given a life-imprisonment term by the CBI Court in Ghaziabad in November 2013. The double murder case happened in the year of 2008, Aarushi Talwar was found dead in her room with throat slit. Two days later, home servant Hemraj was found mutilated at the building terrace. And so began, the 9 year long case that is still unresolved.
• On May 23, 2008 Rajesh Talwar was arrested for the double murder. The case was handed over to the CBI.
• On June 13, CBI arrested Krishna Thadaraj, an assistant at Rajesh’s Noida clinic. On June 20, CBI conducted a lie detector test on Rajesh Talwar. Five days later, a second lie detector test was also conducted on Aarushi’s mother, Nupur Talwar, as the first one was found to be inconclusive. After spending almost two months in jail, Rajesh Talwar got bail on July 12.
• In December 2010, CBI submitted a closure report on the grounds of “insufficient evidence”. Giving a clean chit to the servants, CBI named Rajesh Talwar as the prime suspect. However, due to lack of evidence, CBI did not charge him. The court said the case could not be closed.
• On November 25, 2013, CBI judge Shyam Lal convicted the Talwars guilty of both murders and destruction of evidence. “The parents are the best protector of their own children and that is the order of the human nature, but they have been freaks in the history of mankind when the father and mother became the killer of their own progeny,” the judge wrote.
• However, after this judgement, the Talwars moved to the Allahabad High Court standing against the CBI Court’s judgement. And since then, the Allahabad High Court reserved its judgement on Aarushi-Hemraj muder case until now.
The Court has finally given a bail to Rajesh Talwar and Nupur Talwar.