Kolkata, April 18: Narada sting operation with couple of other chit funds’ fraud has created a bad reputation of the West Bengal government in power already. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has already been witnessing the consequences ever since. BJP in power of the country has demanded to remove all the 12 cabinet ministers accused of Narada sting case.
Party General Secretary, Kailash Vijayvargiya in Kolkata yesterday said, “The tainted ministers have lost the moral right to continue in office so West Bengal Chief Minister should immediately remove them from the ministry.”
A total of 12 Trinamool Congress leaders, including MPs and cabinet ministers, and an IPS officer have been booked by the CBI, yesterday, in the sting case.
CBI has registered case of alleged conspiracy and corruption against Mukul Roy, Sultan Ahmed, Saugata Roy, Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar, Aparupa Roy, Firhad Hakim, Subrata Mukherjee, Subhendu Adhikari, Sovan Chatterjee, Madam Mitra, Iqbal Ahmed, Prasun Banerjee and HMS Mirza.
Background: Narada Sting Operation case was conducted by the Narada News channel. The sting operation exposed Trinamool Ministers and other public figures receiving bribe money allegedly.
1. Narada News released videos of 13 Trinamool ministers and party leaders accepting bribes ahead of 2016 Assembly polls.
2. The videos were released during the time when the infamous Saradha chit fund scam came out. In both the cases, TMC leaders were involved which created a rift in the state.
3. A total of 12 Trinamool Congress leaders, including MPs and ministers in the West Bengal government, and an IPS officer have been booked by the CBI, yesterday, in the sting case.
4. On March 17, 2017, Calcutta High Court ordered a preliminary probe by CBI. The court also directed the CBI to register an FIR against those who were involved in the case, if required.
5. On April 17, CBI has filed charge sheet against all 13 TMC leaders under Section 120 B of IPC (criminal conspiracy), Section 13 (2), 13 (1D) and Section 7 of Prevention of Corruption Act
6. Now, CBI will form a special investigation team for further probe and all those who have been named in the charge sheet will be summoned for questioning