Source: News Bharati English21 Apr 2017 10:33:12

Paris, April 21: In the wake of the Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris which took away 12 lives in 2015, similarly last night, one more attack took place in the main shopping area of Paris, Champs-Élysées which is the second attack after 2years. The gunman aka terrorist, shot a policeman and injured 2 more cops before he was killed by the security forces.
Local media say the 39-year-old lived in the city's suburbs, and had been seen as a potential Islamist radical. The gunman pulled up his car alongside a police bus and opened fire with an automatic weapon which instantly killed an officer. Then, he started to run away while shooting at other policemen but was later shot dead.

Embeded ObjectIS identified the attacker as Abu-Yusuf al-Baljiki. They also issued a statement saying an Islamic State “fighter” carried out an attack tonight on the Champs-Élysées in Paris. The statement said the attacker is a Belgian national.

The whole of the Champs-Elysees was evacuated soon after the attack took place. A French official said police officers were "deliberately targeted." President Francois Hollande is to chair a security cabinet meeting before the Sunday presidential poll.