Delhi, May 16: Soon after, P Chidambaram faced a big blow from the CBI department after it raided all his houses across India; Indian National Congress leader Randeep Surjewala organized a press briefing shortly at their headquarters to describe BJP’s 3 failed years. During the briefing, a video was shown to point out the failure of #AccheDin and termed the raids a government conspiracy.
"The CBI raid is a political witch-hunt and conspiracy by the government and the opposition members will not be silent over the issue. The Congress party will not bow down. Neither P Chidambaram nor the INC will be suppressed by such conspiracies of the autocratic government," Surjewala said.
Congress leader Randeep Surjewala dubbed the strategy of the government to lodge false cases against senior opposition leaders as a conspiracy to suppress the voice of the opposition.Reacting to the CBI raid, P Chidambaram had earlier in the day said that the government wanted to silence his voice.
"By using CBI and other agencies, government is targeting my son and his friends and it wants to silence my voice," Chidambaram said.
According to reports, the CBI on Tuesday morning launched searches at multiple premises linked to Chidambaram and his son Karti Chidambaram in connection with alleged favours granted in Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance to a firm.
Issues highlighted by the Congress during the AICC Briefing:
1. There has been a 22.2% rise in rape cases. Of 660 One-stop Centers, only 20 set up. Nirbhaya Fund not utilized
2. BJP Govt has refused to transfer Rs 1,500 crore that Kerala was entitled to as part of implementing MGNREGS
3. Andhra hasn't received Special Status. No one from the BJP Govt met the protesting Tamil Farmers
4. BJP Govt has neglected South India. Karnataka Govt asked for Rs 4702 cr Drought Relief & got only Rs 1786 cr
5. Ex PM Manmohan Singh never visited Pakistan but Modi did and still attacks are taking place on the border.
6. India’s youth is in demise. What has BJP done for the youth of this country?
7. Tarun Vijay’s racist comment on South Indians reflects not only his attitude, but also that of the BJP government