India’s firm ‘NO’ to Pak players for participating in Pro Kabaddi League
 Source : News Bharati English  Date : 23-May-2017

New Delhi, May 23: India’s Sports Minister Vijay Goel has categorically stated that Pakistan will not be allowed to participate in the upcoming event of Pro-Kabaddi League (PKL) in which players from 16 nations will be participating.

According to Hindustan Times, Goel said on Monday “unless Pakistan gets rid of its terrorism”, no players from Pakistan will be allowed to take part in the PKL.

Goel said that even if the organizers of the league, scheduled to begin on June 25, select Pakistani players to participate, “it is the Government of India that will decide whether they are allowed or not”.

“Unless Pakistan gets rid of terrorism, it is impossible to play with that country,” the Sports Minister said.

In keeping with the stance of the Indian government, the PKL franchise “turned their backs on the 10-odd Pakistani players”, the Hindustan Times reported.

It is expected that as the league begins in June, none of the Pakistani players listed for auction will be selected to participate.

Ten players from Pakistan had been listed to be auctioned to franchises.