Ranchi, June 13: India’s economic growth rate has been above 7 per cent during the last three years. India has become one of the most attractive investment destinations of the world. The success story of Indian economy has been recognised by the entire world. The NDA Government is committed to development of youth power of the country. Schemes such as “Mudra Yojana”, “Stand Up India”, “Start Up India”, “Make In India” have turned “job seekers” into “job creators”. These schemes are guarantee of empowerment of youth and women.
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that the last 3 years of the Modi Government have been years of “Development, Transparency & Efficiency”. Naqvi stated this while a press conference during his visit to Pakur in Jharkhand on the occasion of completion of 3 years of the NDA Government at the Centre. The Minister interacted with the people and informed them about various welfare schemes of the NDA Government. Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) has saved more than Rs 50 thousand crores. More than 2 cr free domestic LPG connections were given to poor families in the last three years and more than 1 crore people have given it up their subsidy.
Informing the people about achievements of the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Naqvi said that the focus was on “3E- Education, Employment & Empowerment”. The achievements of Ministry of Minority Affairs also include:
1. Scholarships worth Rs 4740 crore to 1 crore 82 lakh students
2. Scholarships worth Rs 166 crore to 1,38,426 girls under “Begum Hazrat\Mahal Scholarship
3. More than 5,20,000 youths including about 40% women, covered under various job-oriented skill training
4. Establishing 33 degree colleges; 223 multi-purpose “Sadbhav Mandap” and 18 Gurukul type residential schools in last 6 years; significant increase in annual Haj quota.
5. Establishing 5 international level educational institutes; 100 Gurukul-Navoday type schools in minority concentrated areas and reviving option of sending Haj pilgrims through sea route also will be our steps to be taken in the coming months.