New Delhi, July 21: The Director General of Military Operations, DGMO Lt Gen A K Bhatt spoke to his Pakistani counterpart last evening and informed him about unprovoked and co-ordinated ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops on Indian civilians living along the Line of Control.
He said that the Pakistani soldiers are deliberately targeting villages and fired at school children while they were being evacuated. Lt Gen Bhatt told Pak DGMO that the action by Pakistani security forces does not behoove any Army.
On Wednesday, Pakistani troops fired at several villages and Indian posts in the Poonch-Rajouri belt of Jammu and Kashmir. A civilian was injured in the shelling. In addition, more than 100 children were trapped in two government schools in Rajouri when Pakistani troops fired at the area on Tuesday.
There have been over eight incidents of unprovoked firing by Pakistan in the past one week. Over 8,000 people have been affected by Pakistani shelling in just the past two days. Six soldiers have been martyred, three civilians have been killed and 18 others have been injured in over a dozen ceasefire violations by the Pakistani Army along the Line of Control this month.
Earlier, for the 2nd day in a row, India's deputy High Commissioner to Pakistan was called by the Pak Foreign Office, to register protest against India's alleged ceasefire violations.
Pakistan urged the Indian side to respect the Nov 2003 ceasefire and investigate incidents of ceasefire violations. The Indian envoy had been summoned on Wednesday after 2 civilians were killed and 6 others injured in alleged ceasefire violations.