In Syria, mortar attack takes away 6 casualties at Damascus fair, more bodies could be recovered
 Source : NewsBharati  Date : 21-Aug-2017
Damascus, August 21: In Syria, at least six people were killed when a mortar bomb hit the entrance to a major trade fair being held in the Syrian capital, Damascus, yesterday. State television said the rocket had caused casualties. UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said about a dozen people had been injured in addition to the five dead. 

 
 
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights which tracks the conflict did not give further details of the incident which state media has not reported although social media was cited.
 
Rami Abdulrahman, the head of the Observatory, did not rule out other causes that may have caused the blast. The monitor said the number of casualties was expected to rise with some of the ten people who were injured in critical condition.
 
The Damascus International Fair being held in the southern outskirts of the capital was opened last week for the first time since the summer of 2011, only months after countrywide unrest erupted.
 
The exhibition is being attended by regional and foreign businessmen from over 45 countries and authorities have hailed it as a sign that the war-torn country was recovering from the conflict. Syria's war has left more than 330,000 people dead and has displaced millions more.