Over 4 dead, 14 injured in deadly blast at Afghanistan’s Mobile market
 Source : NewsBharati  Date : 18-Sep-2017

Kabul, September 18: At least four civilians were killed and 14 others were critically wounded in a blast in the eastern Afghan province of Khost on Sunday. The blast took place in the underground section of Hamam market. However, no group, including the Taliban, has claimed responsibility for the blast as of now.

“The blast happened at around noon in a market where people go to download music and videos to their mobile phones,” said the police chief of Khost province, Faizullah Khairat. He said the explosion was caused by a “remote-controlled bomb”.

The health department’s director, Habib Shah Ansari, confirmed four people had been killed and said “over a dozen wounded” had been taken to hospitals in the provincial capital of the same name.

Notably, suicide bomber killed over three people near a cricket stadium in capital when a cricket match was under way inside the stadium, last week.

As Ramazan began on May 27, a Taliban car bomber targeted a CIA-funded Afghan militia group, leaving 13 people dead and six injured in Khost. It was the deadliest Ramazan since the US-led invasion in 2001 with over 200 killed and hundreds wounded.

The country is still suffering from insecurity and violence 16 years after the United States and its allies invaded Afghanistan as part of Washington’s so-called war on terror. The Taliban militants were removed from power, but militancy continues to this day.