Mumbai, December 5: Giving a major boost to the speed, the Indian Railways have been impressively growing on right tracks. For those who have experienced travelling in Mumbai AC local will definitely welcome and vouch for more similar AC trains.
With increased capacity, more accommodation, the Indian Railways is all set to introduce the second AC rake with a look similar to Metro trains this New Year. The second AC local that is scheduled to reach the city in the first week of January will run between Virar and Churchgate.
Main highlights of the new AC train:
· The second AC local has increased carrying capacity although it will be 12 coach train.
· The second AC local also accounts for more speed.
· Accommodation space is wider with carrying additional 350 passengers (50 seated and 300 standing) with the existing 5, 964 commuters.
· The new AC train is entirely vestibule.
· The second AC train is 100% seamless compared to the first AC local that allows commuters to seamlessly access only six coaches.
The AC train has made travelling quite feasible for the people of Mumbai. In a Christmas gift to Mumbaikars, the country’s first air-conditioned (AC) suburban train had commenced its services on December 25, realising the long-awaited dream of lakhs of commuters. The train, operated by the Western Railway (WR), began its journey from the Borivili station to Churchgate in South Mumbai.
The AC local operates only on the Churchgate-Borivili section. The train makes six trips daily and from January 1, 2019, it will run from Churchgate to Virar.