2 Naxals Killed, 4 nabbed in gunbattle with security forces
 Source : NewsBharati  Date : 10-Feb-2018

Raipur, February 10: The security personnel have neutralised 2 Naxal commanders belonging to the People's Liberation Guerilla Army. The Naxals were killed in an encounter in the jungles of Lachantola, in Chhattisgarh. One of the Naxals carried a bounty of Rs 8 lakh on his head, while the other carried Rs 2 lakh reward on his head.

The skirmish took place in the forest of Bodla village under Gatapar police station limits when a joint team of security forces was out on a counter-insurgency operation, Rajnandgaon Superintendent of Police Prashant Agrawal said.


The composite squad of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), District Reserve Guard (DRG), district force and Hawk force of Madhya Pradesh Police had launched the operation in Gatapar, located around 160 km from the state capital, he said.

The exchange of fire started after the patrolling team came under heavy firing from a group of ultras in Bodla forests. The intermittent firing lasted for a long time, he said.

“After the guns fell silent, security forces searched the area and recovered bodies of two Naxals along with two weapons,” Agrawal said.

In an another encounter in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district, the CISF personnel apprehended two women Naxals and seized detonator wires, a pipe bomb and some pamphlets.

The presence of Naxals in the area has turned out to be a nuisance for the security forces. Earlier, many Naxals had to flee into the dense jungles of Bijapur as security forces launched a combing operation in the Naxal infested areas.

Two Naxals with bounty Rs 31 lakh held in Maharashtra

Maharashtra cops have arrested 2 Naxals who were carrying a total reward of Rs 31 lakh at Chandrapur railway station on Friday. The cops identified them as Rammana (Shrinivas Madar) carrying the bounty of Rs 25 lakh on his head and wife Padma (Rs 6 lakh).

Police Officials said that the senior Maoist was responsible for arms supply to Maoists. An FIR has been registered and the investigation is underway.