New Delhi, March 7: A total of nine terrorist attacks took place on Army Camp so far since the year 2015 in which 35 Indian troopers were killed while 20 terrorists were eliminated. This was said by Raksha Rajya Mantri Dr. Subhash Bhamre in a written reply to M Raja Mohan Reddy and others in Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
Giving the information in detail in Lok Sabha, Raksha Rajya Mantri Dr. Subhash Bhamre said so far since the year 2015 in which 35 Indian troopers were killed while 20 terrorists were eliminated. “During this attacks, a total of two civilians were killed,” he added.
The details of Army casualties, terrorists and civilians killed during the last three years and the current year are as under:
The Defence Minister further noted that all terrorist attacks on Army Camp are investigated in detail. “Prima facie it was found that these attacks were carried out by terrorist outfits,” he added. “To avoid terror attacks, Government had issued broad guidelines for Security of Defence Installations and in compliance to the said Guidelines, the Defence Services have taken a number of actions including risk categorisation of military bases; appraisal and upgradation of intelligence gathering capabilities; strengthening and streamlining of the response mechanism; Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs); periodic security audit of all military installations etc,” Minister Subhash Bhamre noted.
The Minister, in the end, said that the Army also carries out an in-depth analysis of the terrorist incidents and security breaches that are identified with various incidents. “Perimeter security projects of all the three Armed Forces have been sanctioned by the Government,” he said.