New Delhi, March 8: Happy Women’s Day! The word woman in itself represents strength, shows power to conquer the world. In this regard as an honor to all the women out there, NITI Aayog is set to launch Women Entrepreneurship Program today. Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) is a platform that provides a vibrant entrepreneurial environment where women do not face any gender-based barriers.
WEP will provide opportunities to women to realize their entrepreneurial aspirations, scale-up innovative initiatives and chalk-out sustainable, long-term strategies for their businesses.
Main aim of WEP:
· Promote women entrepreneurship by collaborating with various partner organisations
· Provide industry connections & partner support to women entrepreneurs by increasing the visibility of existing schemes, programmes & services across government and private sectors
· Identifying and address issues and blocks through appropriate channels
· Develop a national database through a centralised portal for registration of women entrepreneurs
· Provide evidence-based policy recommendations to develop a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem
Apart from launching the programme, nominations for the third edition of the Women Transforming India Awards 2018, shall also be opened on the occasion. The theme of this year’s campaign is ‘Women and Entrepreneurship’ which will be launched in partnership with United Nations.
The DICE Districts, an initiative that provides innovative financing opportunities for social entrepreneurs will also collaborate.
Therefore we can just see that the year has a lot more in store for the women this year. No doubt, women have shown their talent caliber and their strength in every sector possible and also have conquered it. This platform will however bring out hidden talent of entrepreneurship among the women.