Telangana, December 25: Stop abuse! Speak up for yourself girls! There is no age limit for violence and thus to take a stand and speak against it, an initiative called as One Step Centers are opened for girls and women to stop the ongoing sexual harassment, eve-teasing, misbehavior. This has been started in many states and to enter the league is the state of Telangana. Women and girls who face violence can enroll their complaints in these centers and the authorities would take undue action against the culprit. The main objective of the scheme is to give the women a proper support that have been affected by violence in private and public sectors.
To file a complaint the person is required to give a text message (SMS /Internet) that would be sent to the authority of the district/area as required. When an aggrieved woman approaches the OSC for help either in person or if anybody approaches on her behalf, the case details will be fed in to a system as per the prescribed format and a Unique ID Number will be generated. The person or relative of the person can file a complaint through this scheme and the details about the filed FIR can be given to the person there and then. These centers help the women who are facing abuses like family violence, family abuse, trafficking, and violence against women in honor related crimes can make a complaint and the 181 helplines associated with these centers would get the wanted notification.
Highlights of this scheme
The person or relative of the person can file a complaint through this scheme and the details about the filed FIR can be given to the person there and then.
· Violence against women has no age limit and therefore the girls below 18 years are also taken under this category and institutions and authorities under Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000 and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 will be linked with the OSC are associated with these centers.
· The service provided under this scheme includes Emergency Response and Rescue Services, Medical Assistance, Assistance to women in FIR, Psycho-social support counseling etc.
· Along with this immediate emergency and non-emergency facility with proper psychological help, medical help and counseling sections are also set up for the women.
· To facilitate speedy and hassle free police and court proceedings the OSC has also provided video conferencing facility (through Skype, Google Conferencing etc.). Through this facility the women can record her statement to the people.
· Initially the centers would be made available in all the States and Territories and they will also provide the aggrieved with necessary legal and psychological support.