Mangaluru blast: Accused wanted to target temple & child fest organised by RSS; to be handed over to NIA soon

DGP Praveen Sood said that any case registered under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act is brought to the notice of the NIA and details are shared with its officers.

NewsBharati    24-Nov-2022 12:52:14 PM
Total Views |
Bengaluru, November 24: In a significant development, the Mangalutu autorickshaw blast case that shook Karnataka will be formally handed over to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) soon. Karnataka DGP Praveen Sood gave the information about the latest development, saying that the NIA and other central agencies have been helping to investigate the case from day one of the blast.
 
DGP Praveen Sood said that any case registered under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act is brought to the notice of the NIA and details are shared with its officers.
 
Karnataka blast
 
 
"Police sent information to NIA on Tuesday through the home ministry. The case will be formally handed over to NIA at an appropriate time. NIA and other central agencies have been involved in the probe from the start. The aim is to probe from all angles, including financial transactions. We are coordinating with counterparts in Mangaluru, Coimbatore, and Kochi,” Sood said.
 
When asked about the investigation, he said that the main objective of the accused is to create a divide between the two communities.
 
He said, " What else was the objective? His aim was to create differences between the two communities, there is no doubt. It means destabilising the country. He definitely intended to disturb communal harmony and unity."
 
Meanwhile, as per the source, the accused Mohammad Shariq wanted to carry out an explosion at a children's fest organised by one of the organisations affiliated with Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. According to them, the investigation teams have found that Shariq wanted to carry out the blast at the state-level child fest programme by Keshava Smrithi Samvardhana Samithi, which comes under RSS.
 
Karnataka blast 
 
However, now the Islamic Resistance Council (IRC) took the onus of the Mangaluru blast and claimed that the target was a temple. As per the statement released by IRC, the Laxmi Narasimha Swamy Temple was the main target of the Mohammad Shariq. 
 
It should be noted that last month LPG cylinder exploded inside a car in Tamil Nadu. The blast took place outside the Hindu temple. A 25-year-old man died on October 23 in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, after an LPG cylinder in a vehicle exploded in the communally sensitive Kottaimedu region.