'Allah- hu-Akhbar sloganeering in Pune's Kondhwa; Here's what FIRs say, confirming Abdul, Arfat, Umar, Arfan, among other accused

In the copies, it has been clearly stated that a group of around 120-150 Muslims raised slogans and created chaos in the Kondhwa Police station area

NewsBharati    20-May-2026 23:19:11 PM
Total Views |
Communal tensions erupted in the Kondhwa area of Maharashtra's Pune city after a minor scuffle broke out between young children of two communities who were playing in one of the societies. An incident of stone pelting was also reported from the region on the night of May 18 and 19, following the scuffle. Newsbharati exclusively obtained the 3 FIR copies filed in the case to confirm that it was a large crowd of about 120-150 Muslims who gathered around the police station and raised slogans on 'Nara-e-Takbir, Allahu Akhbar,' and also pelted stones at the Police, injuring three of the officials. 

The first FIR has been filed by one Dinesh Maral (name changed for security reasons), who stated that the trigger of the incident was an attack on the Hindu minor residents of the Isha Bela Vhista Society in Kondhwa at the hands of Muslim youngsters from outside the society. The accused persons in the case have been identified as Abdul, Arfat, Umar, and Arfan, and 10-15 other unknown individuals.
 
Kondhwa newsbharati 

The complainant in the complaint stated that the accused Muslim youngsters entered the society while the Hindu minors were playing. "They entered and began abusing the children playing. Later, the two groups began to engage in a minor scuffle. However, one of my friends and I managed to pacify the situation. But later, we saw a group of unknown persons coming into the society and creating chaos. They threatened us and said that they would not spare us. Noticing this, someone from the society called the police, who detained the four youngsters identified as Abdul, Arfat, Umar, and Arfan and took them to the Police station," complainant Maral said.
 

The said FIR has been filed against Abdul, Arfat, Umar, and Arfan, and 15 other unknown persons under section 189(2), 351(2), and 352 of the BNS, 2023.
 
Kondhwa newsbharati 

The other two FIRs filed in the case are by two police officers- Subhash Jarande and Saif Alim Pathan, respectively. In both complaints, it has been clearly stated that a group of around 120-150 Muslims raised slogans and created chaos in the Kondhwa Police station area. Earlier, it was reported how Islamists gathered on the streets and raised the slogans of 'Nara-e-Takbir, Allahu Akhbar.'
 
 

Jarande, in his complaint, stated that he was on night duty when some residents from the Isha Bela Vhista Society in Kondhwa called them and informed them that some youngsters from outside the society had entered the premises and attacked the minor residents. "The accused youngsters were hiding in society after the minor scuffle. We caught them and were getting them to the police station. Meanwhile, a crowd of around 120-150 Muslims gathered and began abusing the society residents who complained against the Muslim youngsters. The crowd then began pelting stones at the police van, following which we had to resort to a lathi-charge," a police officer said.
 
Kondhwa newsbharati 

He also added that a large group of around 90-100 Hindus had also gathered, demanding that the police file an official complaint against the Muslim outsiders who attacked society's minor residents. "These people blocked the road despite the authorities asking them to make way," Jarande said in the FIR that has been filed under section 189(2) of the BNS, 2023.
 

In the third FIR copy filed in the case, officer Saif Pathan confirmed that the Muslim crowd of around 150-200 Muslims had attempted to create unrest in the society by pelting stones at the innocent society residents and also the police. It was reported earlier that the Islamists pelted stones at the police, injuring three of their officers.
 

Kondhwa newsbharati 

It was also reported that the Hindu community people were needlessly lathi-charged and were also deliberately attacked by the Muslim crowd using stones. However, the complaint copies clarify that the police resorted to a lathi-charge merely to disperse the crowd. Several Hindus are believed to have sustained injuries during the lathi charge.

Notably, the accused other than the four identified are being traced through CCTV footage and viral videos. Police have already detained several prime suspects, while multiple teams are conducting raids to arrest other absconding accused. Further updates in the case are underway.