New Delhi, October 6: With an aim to draw focus on the benefits of tourism, showcasing the cultural diversity of the country and reinforcing the principle of “Tourism for All”, the twenty-day mega event ‘Paryatan Parv’ was inaugurated in New Delhi. The ‘Paryatan Parv’ will be organized across the country.
Notably, Tourism Minister Dr. Mahesh Sharma on Friday inaugurated ‘Paryatan Parv’ at the Humayun’s Tomb, New Delhi. The Ministry of Tourism, in collaboration with other Central Ministries, State Governments and Stakeholders is organizing a “Paryatan Parv” across the country from the 5th to 25th October 2017.
‘Paryatan Parv’ is organized mainly to showcase the cultural diversity of the country, with cultural performances, crafts bazaar, food court showcasing folk and classical dance & music, handicrafts & handlooms and cuisine from all regions and states of the country.
Paryatan Parv will have three main components:-
· Dekho Apna Desh:- To encourage Indians to visit their own country. This includes Video, Photograph and Blog Competitions of sites visited during the Event, Stories of India through Travelers’ Eyes, on Social Media, Tourism related Quiz, Essay, Debate and Painting Competitions for Students, Television Campaigns to promote travel to J&K and N.E. States.
· Tourism for All: - Tourism Events at sites across all States in the country.
The activities at these sites include illumination in and around the Sites, Cultural Programmes of Dance, Music, Theatre, Story Telling, Sensitisation Programmes for Stakeholders around the Sites, Tourism Exhibitions, Showcasing Culture, Cuisine and Handicrafts / Handlooms, Guided Heritage Walks, etc. These will be “People’s Events” with large-scale public participation.
· Tourism & Governance:- Interactive Sessions & Workshops with Stakeholders on varied themes:-
· Skill Development in Tourism Sector
· Innovation in Tourism
· For inducting Ex-servicemen as service providers for Taxi Operation
· Developing Rural Tourism in locations near established Destinations
· Community Sensitisation Workshops on Homestay and B&B Opportunities
Partners in the event include the State Governments who organize cultural and other tourism-related events, workshops and seminars at the identified sites as well as other destinations and locations in their States.
Central Ministries have also proactively come forward and are part of the event. In the overseas markets, the Ministry of External Affairs through the Indian Missions overseas is conducting outreach programmes to encourage people to visit India, with a special focus on PIOs who have never visited the country.
The “Adopt a Heritage” project launched by the Ministry of Tourism will be implemented at key sites during this period. Wayside Amenities for tourists will also be launched at important sites in identified circuits.
In addition, the mega event will see active participation by Cultural Associations and Organisations, Travel & Hospitality Industry, Institutes of Hotel Management, Indian Institutes of Tourism & Travel Management, Service Providers, Students and Youth and the Local Population.
Paryatan Parv is being supported by extensive media activities and programmes in all media, including Social Media. Doordarshan will telecast special programmes during the event including:
· Quiz Programmes – “The Wonder that is India”.
· Smile India Smile Campaign – A still photography competition.
· Do You Know? – A Campaign to propagate interesting facts about India