Islamabad, November 28: Mumbai terror attack mastermind and Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed who has been freed by the Pakistan government, has now announces to take part in the next general elections.
He said India was lobbying internationally to malign the Kashmir cause and Pakistan’s incumbent government had bowed down to appease New Delhi.
The JuD chief believed that India was forcing the Pakistan government to abandon the Kashmir cause which is not possible.
“This is the right time to enter the country’s politics to persuade the world community by establishing an independent foreign desk to highlight the Kashmir cause,” he said.
The 67-yr old Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) founder, citing Burhan Wani’s example pointed out that Kashmir would secure independence only through sacrifices. “After Wani’s sacrifice, the Kashmir independence struggle gained momentum,” Saeed said.
Earlier, He has filed a petition in the United Nation to remove him from the list of designated terrorists.
The LeT founder has a $10 million American bounty on his head for terror activities. Saeed, the mastermind of the Mumbai attacks that killed 166 people, including six Americans, was included in the terror list on December 10, 2008, by the United Nations Security Council.
Hafiz Saeed, pumped in money to the tune of Rs 50 crores for subversive activities in the valley after Hizbul commander Burhan Wani was killed in July last year. This has emerged from the investigations carried out by the NIA. Saeed is one of the main accused among those financing terror in Kashmir. This money is also paid to separatists for stepping up stone pelting.
Meanwhile, the US has sought immediate re- arrest of Saaed, warning Islamabad that there would be repercussions for bilateral ties if it fails to act.